Monday, August 6, 2012

Singing in the parking garage...

As I was leaving campus today I came to one singularly awesome realization while I was in a parking garage: I was alone.  And this realization led to the most epic thing that I've done for a while: I broke out into song.

Which song?

That would be "Let the Rain," by Sara Bareilles.  I have no idea why that particular song was picked for my parking garage serenade, but I can  tell you that I loved every minute of it.  Between waiting on query responses, getting things ready for the school year, and pondering my impending job search it was really nice to do something so spontaneous.

So this is a post advocating for doing one slightly silly thing every now and then - especially if things seem overwhelming - because, sometimes, it's totally ok to get lost in the moment.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment