Thursday, April 25, 2013

The poem to end all poems...

I really don't have a lot to say right now, other than I kind of look like this because of all the excellent feedback that's rolled in these past few weeks on my Star Wars/Les Mis mash-up:


Anywayssssss, my brilliant CP, Jen, totally retweeted two lines of a poem at me today that reminded her of a character in my story.  The two lines were:

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell.

Obviously, she was way on point and I proceeded to freak out on Twitter.

And look like this:
image

Jen, being the totally awesome person that she is, went ahead and looked up the rest of the poem, and when I read the rest of it there was a lot of this...



Because it's perfect  for my story in so many ways!

And now, here's the whole poem because I love it soooo! :)

The More Loving One
by W. H. Auden

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well 
That, for all they care, I can go to hell, 
But on earth indifference is the least 
We have to dread from man or beast. 

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return? 
If equal affection cannot be, 
Let the more loving one be me. 

Admirer as I think I am 
Of stars that do not give a damn, 
I cannot, now I see them, say 
I missed one terribly all day. 

Were all stars to disappear or die, 
I should learn to look at an empty sky 
And feel its total dark sublime, 
Though this might take me a little time. 


2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the poem. I get to start reading the mashup today :D :D

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyyy! So yeah, just replace the poem at the beginning in the version with this one. It's a lot cooler hahaha

      *bites nails* cant wait to see what you think :)

      Delete