Friday, July 13, 2012

A quick note on rejection

Well, folks, the inevitable happened - I got my first rejection today.

And you know what?  

I'm totally ok with it!  

I certainly wasn't expecting to be so lucky that I would land anything on my first shot, and, if anything, it just makes the process much more exciting because I'm actively pursuing my childhood dream.  The more that I think about it, the more this resembles sorority recruitment, or my grad school search.  During both, people kept telling me that I'd end up in the right place.  And both times I refused to believe them - but, wouldn't you know it, they were totally right.  I did end up in the right place.  Both times.

So, yes, rejection isn't very fun - but all I need is one yes.  I will find the right place - the right agent - and they will find me, I'm sure of it!  Like I said before, I'm stubborn, and I refuse to let anything get me down!

With this rejection, it's time to move on, time to hone my letter - to make sure that I'm representing my novel well.  I've gone back to the drawing boards, and I couldn't be more excited :)

It's time to run into the great unknown, boldly brandishing a flashlight and bracing myself for whatever heartaches and small victories come my way!

Onto the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment