Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In which I post a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I tweeted about making a bunch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...

I miiiiiiiiiight've gone a little overboard.

ANYWAYS, some lovely Twitter friends asked for the recipe, so instead of emailing everyone, someone suggested I make a blog post out of it.

Game on.

Here's my BFF's recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! (My BFF is way better at creating random things from scratch than I shall ever be!)

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups (12-ounce bag) milk chocolate chips, not semisweet

Nonstick cooking spray 

Directions:

Heat the oven to 350. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick Spray. 

Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. 

Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes , or until the cookies are browned around the
edges. 

Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Take the cookies off with a spatula and cool them on wire racks. Usually with this recipe I have about 3-5 batches of cookies. 


4 comments:

  1. If I can find pumpkin puree I shall try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have it in the baking aisle at ze grocery store :) they *should* have it year-round!

      Lemme know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Your BFF taunts me with gluten... but what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awwww I'm sure we can figure out a way to make it gluten free :P

      Delete