Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Apropos of nothing

So right now I'm sitting in my room, watching "Haunted Collector" on the Sy-Fy channel (I still hate the name change, by the way) and the darn signal keeps cutting out.  After checking with the other intern who lives one room down from me, apparently only my TV is doing this.

The logical person in me thinks: It is cloudy outside and has been windy all day.  Perhaps the satellite is getting jarred, causing the signal to intermittently fade which leads to the picture blacking out or stopping. And no, Alex, that sound you just heard was the fridge cooling itself off.  It's nothing to be concerned about.

But then there's the freaked-out-illogical person inside of me that *might* be screaming this:  WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THIS SHOW??? CLEARLY THE IN-AND-OUT SIGNAL IS A SIGN THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL TO "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" INSTEAD AND OH MY GOSH, WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?!?  THIS HALL IS HAUNTEDDDDDDDD!

Obviously this has little to do with my writing endeavors - but I thought it would be a fun moment to preserve anyways.  I don't know why I watch these shows, 'cause ghosts totally freak me out (judge if you wish).  I suppose it's just all so fascinating that I can't help but learn more - and feel better when people on these shows freak out more than I do.

Here's to things that go bump in the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment