Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's Up Wednesday/Ready. Set. Write Post #6!

I'm writing this a full day in advance!!!

I'm learning!!!

image
WHY is this one of my favorite GIFs now?




What I'm reading:
I'M BETA READING THINGS AND READING GHOST STORIES SET IN VIRGINIA FOR RESEARCH THINGS. I'VE NO IDEA WHY THIS IS CAPS LOCKED. OH WELL.

What I'm writing:
The Ghost Story is officially at 15K!!! WOO! I still can't say a lot about it, because the whole concept is quite spoilery, but here's an excerpt! My MC, Quinn, is meeting with another character in a cemetery. There may or may not be a nod to something in their conversation 

;D

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

**************
The moonlight barely peeks through clouds that definitely weren’t there a minute ago. This whole place is surrounded by woods, which might be awesome during the day, but by lamplight it’s less awesome. And yeah, lamplight. There aren’t legitimate light poles in this cemetery. Maybe they took a leaf out of Colonial Williamsburg’s book and wanted to be “authentic.” An owl hoots somewhere in the distance, and everything in this place is so silent that the sound of its' flight tears through the air. That’s a shame. That owl was the only other living thing in this place.
“You’re on time,” Tal’s voice makes me jump ---right into a gravestone. Pain arches across the back of my legs, but it doesn’t stop me from glaring at her.
“And you’re late.”
“Only by a minute.”
“You also made me run into something for the second time today.”
“That’s your fault, not mine.” Her eyes drift down to my camera bag. “What’s the matter, not recording any of this?”
“How do you know I haven’t rigged a camera up in that tree?” I point behind me. “Gives everyone a perfect view of you in case you try anything.”
She laughs. “It’s a clever lie, but I’ve been here for an hour now. You haven’t done anything save for pace back and forth and sing ‘On My Own,’ over and over.”
“What? It’s a solid song from an awesome musical.”
“Yes, but did you have to sing it twenty times?”
“Was it that bad?”
“No, you have a pretty good voice, actually.”
“Aww, thanks. You know, we did Les Mis last spring, and I didn’t get picked for Éponine.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. I was so pissed. I mean, I ended up getting Madame Thenardier’s part, so close enough, I guess, but-” I laugh, stopping the derailing train that was our conversation. “But that’s not what we’re here to talk about. Can you please tell me why I’m in this creepy-ass cemetery after sundown?”
**************

New goal is maybeeeeeeee 25K by the end of July? I think I can do that!!!

What else I've been up to:
MOAR job interviews. That's...that's pretty much it haha

;_;

What inspires me right now:
GHOSTS.

Other creepy things.

Marathons of "Destination Truth" :D

MS MR's "Bones"

Macbeth.

Happy Writing!

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment