Monday, July 30, 2012

No More Radio Silence!

Well hello again.

I apologize for being gone for quite some time - I promise that I wasn't wallowing in rejection-land or anything like that (although, in some oddly masochistic way these rejections have been awesome motivators...I know, I'm weird).

Anyways, I'm actively querying agents now so this process just got way more intense, but also a lot more fun!  I never thought putting myself out there would be this enjoyable (again, I am a strange person), and even if I'm always slightly terrified before I hit that send button, I know that ultimately I'm querying agents who genuinely care about authors, and at the end of the day, that's all I can ask for.

So right now I'm kind of in the middle of one big waiting game.  I've sent queries out, gotten some no's, and am patiently waiting for other responses.  Inevitably there will be more no's, but I know that somewhere out there is the one awesome person who might just be as odd as me.

And for that, me and my 83,000 word novel are willing to wait :)

Keep pursuing your dreams, no matter what!

Alex

**Special note - The Olympics are going on right now and I'm totally hooked (even if I'm not digging this taped time-delay thing - thanks for the spoilers, CNN app!).  I've always been obsessed with the medal race.  So, really, all that's left to say is...U-S-A! U-S-A!**

No comments:

Post a Comment